Our online and in-person classes are available to everyone, regardless of age or membership status.
- Join early (up to 5 minutes before the meeting start time)
- If you haven’t used Zoom before click the link to download Zoom prior to the day of the meeting and familiarize yourself with any features you may need to use on the day – mute/unmute microphone, stop/start video, screenshare etc.
- Have your video on unless you are experiencing connection issues
- Find a quiet space without interruptions / background noise
- Don’t do anything on camera you wouldn’t do in a class full of people. Keep your clothes on, don’t point the camera toward private rooms in your house
- Have good lighting on your face so you can be seen clearly
- Adjust your camera to be at around eye level if possible – especially take note of the angle of your laptop or phone screen if using the built-in camera.
- Mute your microphone when not talking and remember everyone can hear you!
- Try to avoid talking over / at the same time as other participants
- Be aware you are on camera and try to avoid doing other tasks, checking emails, looking at your phone etc.