Compassionate & Confidential
Outreach is a program that assists seniors who are in need of services and benefits, advises as to what resources are available and helps clients access them as appropriate, recognizes the uniqueness of each individual and their needs, an is holistic in its approach to senior-centered solutions.
Outreach works with all seniors seeking assistance. Although we prioritize isolated seniors, our outreach is in no way limited to any one demographic within the 55+ range. Anyone over the age of 55 can contact our social worker and expect assistance with whatever challenges have arrived on your doorstep. ESC is committed to non-oppressive practices, which means we present several solutions and you choose the one that is best for you. We are an inclusive and diverse centre, where everyone is welcomed and respected.
If you or someone you know could benefit from Outreach services, please contact our Outreach Manager, Shirley Kilsdonk, RSW. With over 16 years of working in the seniors sector, Shirley is skilled at finding solutions for any challenges you’re dealing with.
Because our staff are working from home, you’ll need to call (780) 425-8625 and leave a message or email Outreach@edmontonseniorscentre.ca. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
We provide information and assistance that includes (but is not limited to) the following areas:
- Independent housing and supportive living information
- Navigating the health care system
- Seniors benefits
- Finance and banking
- Elder abuse
- Meals and nutrition/Food Safety
- Mental health services
- Grief services
- Isolation reduction
- Harm reduction referrals
- …. And much more
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE WE WILL NOT BE SENDING VOLUNTEERS INTO SENIORS’ HOMES
You can still be part of our friendly phone call network!
- Many people don’t know what resources are available in their community. We help you find the best solution for you.
- We can provide support before a situation reaches crisis point.
- We can advocate on your behalf with agencies and services.
- Our aim, where possible, is to empower clients to be in control of their care.
- To address a client’s given requirements, we explain possible service options and, if necessary, look for additional or alternate solutions. It is up to the client to decide what would best serve their interests.
- We follow up with the case should the client’s needs change.
- Outreach collaborates with other service providers
- We match clients with friendly phone call volunteers