In order to access some features of this Site, you may be required to register and We may assign to you, or you may be required to select, a password and user name or account identification. If you register, you agree to provide Us with accurate and complete registration information, and to inform us immediately of any updates or other changes to such information. You are solely responsible for protecting the security and confidentiality of the password and identification assigned to you. You shall immediately notify Us of any unauthorized use of your password or identification or any other breach or threatened breach of this Site’s security. Each time you use a password or identification, you will be deemed to be authorized to access and use the Site in a manner consistent with these Terms, and We have no obligation to investigate the authorization or source of any such access or use of this Site. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS SITE BY ANYONE USING THE PASSWORD AND IDENTIFICATION ORIGINALLY SELECTED BY, OR ASSIGNED TO, YOU WHETHER OR NOT SUCH ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS SITE IS ACTUALLY AUTHORIZED BY YOU, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSMISSIONS AND ALL OBLIGATIONS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS) INCURRED THROUGH SUCH ACCESS OR USE.
When you use this Site, or send emails to Us, you are communicating with Us electronically. You consent to receive communications from Us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this Site or through our other services. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communication that We provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
This Site may include features and functionality (“Interactive Features”) that allows users to create, post, transmit or store any content, such as text, music, sound, photos, video, graphics or code on the Sites (“User Content”). User Content is publicly-viewable and may include your profile information and any content you post pursuant to your profile, but it does not include your account information or information you submit in order to make a purchase. You agree that you are solely responsible for your User Content and for your use of Interactive Features, and that your use any Interactive Features at your own risk. By using any Interactive Areas, you agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish or send through the Sites any of the following:
- User Content that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- User Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- User Content that displays, describes or encourages usage of any product We sell in a manner that could be offensive, inappropriate or harmful to Us or any user or consumer;
- User Content that may impinge upon or violate the publicity, privacy or data protection rights of others, including pictures, videos, images or information about another individual where you have not obtained such individual’s consent;
- User Content that makes false or misleading statements, claims or depictions about a person, company, product or service;
- User Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- User Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity; and
- Viruses, malware of any kind, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or code.
You agree you shall not (and you agree not to allow any other individual or entity using your password and identification to):
- download, modify, reproduce, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, create derivative works based upon, publicly display, sell, rent, license, or in any way commercially exploit any portion of this Site, except and to the extent expressly permitted under these Terms;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice contained in or on the Site;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of this Site;
- collect any information about other users (including usernames and/or email addresses) for any purpose other than to solicit and/or share reviews with other users;
- reformat or frame any portion of any Web pages that are part of this Site;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- create or transmit to other users unsolicited electronic communications, such as “spam,” or otherwise interfere with other users’ enjoyment of the Site;
- submit to this Site any content that falsely states or implies that such content is sponsored or endorsed by us;
- transmit or upload to this Site any item containing or embodying any virus, worm, defect, malware, Trojan horse, software bomb or other feature designed to damage or degrade in any manner the performance of this Site, any other Web site, or any computer or other device or system, or the enjoyment of this Site by any user;
- use this Site to violate the security of or gain unauthorized access to any computer or computer network or other device or system (including unauthorized attempts to discover passwords or security encryption codes);
- submit to this Site any content that is unlawful or facilitates, constitutes, promotes or encourages illegal activity; or otherwise use the Site to transfer or store illegal material, including any material deemed threatening or obscene;
- copy or store any User Content offered on this Site other than for your personal, noncommercial use;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large data or traffic load on this Site or the IT infrastructure used to operate and make this Site available; or
- use this Site and/ or any User Content, intentionally or unintentionally, to violate any applicable local, state, federal or international law. We have no obligation to monitor any user conduct on this Site, and We reserve the right and have absolute discretion to monitor any user conduct on this Site at any time and for any reason without notice.
This Site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge that We are not responsible for the operation of or content located on or through any such site. Termination You may terminate the Terms at any time by closing your account, discontinuing your use of this Site and providing Us with a notice of termination. We reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your right to use this Site, or any portion of this Site, and to block or prevent your future access to and use of this Site or any portion of this Site.
Except as expressly provided, this Site, including all Site Content, and services provided on or in connection with this Site are provided on an “AS IS” and “WITH ALL FAULTS” basis without representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied. WE DISCLAIM ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND DUTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS: (A) OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, RESULTS, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) CREATED BY TRADE USAGE, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. We do not represent or warrant that this Site is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. We do not represent or warrant that this Site or our servers are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Members registering for programs will be given priority over associate members, reciprocal members, and non-members.
- Associate members are those persons under the age of 55.
- Reciprocal members, who receive the same discount for regular programs as ESC members, are those with a current membership at: Central Lions, Northgate Lions, SAGE, South East Edmonton Seniors Association, Calder Seniors, West End Seniors Activity Centre, Strathcona Place Society, Jewish Drop-In Centre or St. Albert Citizens Club.
- All non-members will be charged an additional fee.
While attending the Edmonton Seniors Centre (ESC) online or in person classes, everyone shall be expected and required to behave in a respectful manner and no physical or verbal abuse or inappropriate behavior will be tolerated toward fellow members, volunteers, staff or visitors.
Inappropriate behavior includes:
• Creating a disturbance in the Centre
• Engaging in verbal or physical attacks
• Making inappropriate, disrespectful or critical comments to make someone feel uncomfortable
• Name calling and personal verbal attacks
• Yelling or profanity
• Harassment of any nature which is intended to make someone feel uncomfortable.
• Attempts to bully, intimidate or threaten others
• Bigoted remarks or attacks based on race, nationality, color, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
Anyone witnessing violations of the above should report the incident to the Centre’s management. The management of the Centre has the right to enforce this code of conduct to ensure the safety and well-being of the Centre’s members, volunteers, staff and visitors .
Contraventions of this Code of Conduct shall result in sanctions ranging from a verbal warning through to a revocation of membership or privileges or expulsion from the Centre.
1. That I am physically able/capable of the activity;
2. That I exercise safety measures appropriate to the activity; and
3. That I do not participate beyond my capabilities. I understand that Edmonton Seniors Centre endeavors to provide the best possible leadership and instruction, and to provide a safe environment for the program/activity I am joining. I acknowledge that the Centre only organizes activities, and does not necessarily possess any special skill or knowledge in relation to the activity itself. I hereby release Edmonton Seniors Centre from any liability arising out of my participation. This waiver is effective for the duration of the participant’s membership with ESC Permission to receive communication from ESC: By providing my email address and signing up for online classes, I hereby grant permission to ESC to send periodic communications (both email and print) to me, and to include my name on their group email list so that I can receive email communication from them. I understand that I can withdraw my consent at any time unsubscribing to the ESC online communication platform. This permission is necessary for online programming invitations. Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Statement This personal information is being collected under the authority of section 33 of the FOIP Act and will be used to administer program registrations and membership management. Aggregate data will be used for program planning and evaluation. If you have any questions about the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information by this program, please contact 780- 442-5311.